Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cheese is not a diet food

Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Fig and Honey Recipe - Cheese - MyRecipes.com

I'm sitting at my desk, nibbling very, very slowly on a bagel, cheese, and onion sandwich trying to make it last as long as possible and somehow trick my body into thinking it is a full lunch (when I really wish I was eating the sandwich above). T and I are on a diet, kind of. Well, he wants to lose weight, and I just can't cope with my exercise/gorge/fast/guilt-trip/exercise/repeat process. So we are trying to eat more healthy. Its really hard, he likes to just eat cold canned beans, and I feel bad about eating when someone else isn't, and of course there is the wine that we like to drink. Sigh.

The good news is that my mom and dad are coming and I can probably get them to eat the things I cook. I'm definitely going to make the egg bake that T loves. And it is our anniversay while they are there. Well, we celebrated our anniversary in Whilmington a few weeks ago, but the actual day is coming up. I had wanted to make a really nice dinner, but I guess my ideas of "really nice" also mean "really heavy, fattening, and filling." Another sigh. I'll figure something out. I guess I should see this as a challenge.

I just like to be able to cook things based on what I think they will taste like and look like, it bums me out to make specifically healthy food. It makes me feel like I'm being punished.

Oh well, I'm off to a second lunch. Even though I'm almost full now. I need to get better at managing my calendar, social engagements, and my own darn stomach.

No comments: