Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Flattery will get you everywhere

Well, Greg is in town, which means I'm cooking. How can I resist when he tells me that I have the best restaurant in town? And of course I'm going to try to do something amazing. I'm thinking about doing the below:

Balsamic roasted portobello mushrooms with carmelized onions and goat cheese
Orange and herb crusted lamb chops
Marscapone mashed potatoes
Strawberry cream cake

Update:
Since this wasn't actually posted on the day it started, let me tell you how the meal turned out.

The lamb was perfect, the mushrooms were EXACTLY what I wanted, and the cake turned out so beautifully. It was a full 4 layers of cake, with jam and buttercream between the layers, and fresh strawberries on the outside. I was actually the most proud of the cake. And of course I got lots of compliments when I took it in to Thy and Estelle the next day.

I think I did some sort of vegetable, but I can't for the life of me remember. It must have been at least a little healthy, which is why I always forget. The healthy stuff just isn't interesting enough to warrant space in my memory. Well, at least not that often. But Greg loved it, which was the whole point. And of course told me what a good cook I was. I know, I'm a sucker for flattery......

No comments: