Monday, July 9, 2007

Quick, quick

I am usually pretty critical of my own cooking and entertaining. But yesterday I did something that I'm going to pat myself on the back for. Saturday night we went to the wedding of T's cousin. T's family was mostly all there. Family consisting of 2 parents, 3 uncles, 3 aunts, 7 cousins, his daughter H, and a partridge in a pear tree. On a whim, I invited one of his uncles to come over on sunday afternoon to see our new house. But, to be fair, we needed to invite the rest of the uncles, which of course means the aunts come, and the cousins aren't far behind, and the damn partidge somehow made it in too.



Actually, it was a great time. The bride and groom even made it over. As I had 2 hours to prepare I think it turned out pretty well. The recipes are all approximate amounts as I was mostly just throwing things into bowls and plates. But all in all, it turned out very well. There was plenty of food, wine, and family........the way Sunday afternoons should be.



Menu:

Mini Sandwiches

Smoked Salmon Blinis

Port Wine Potato Salad

Sun Dried Tomato Asiago Dip

Fresh Fruit

Sugar Cookies



(menus to come later......I'm hungry now)

No comments: