Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Birthday Alone

Well, here it comes again, another birthday. I am, as one of my least favorite ex-boyfriends once told me, "almost 30." Yes, I know many people would remind me that I'm still young and have so much life ahead of me. But I still can't help but feel that my prime is behind me. So, in order to counteract that feeling, and the lonely feeling of spending my birthday alone, I am planning on making Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. I'm starting with the below recipe from FoodTV, which is still my favorite late-night friend. Even though the original Iron Chef isn't on anymore. Who doesn't love the Jackie Chan-feel of the Japanese kitchens and super-seriousness of the competition? While T. did take me to a FANTASTIC restaurant for my birthday last weekend, I am still a little sad that he won't be with me on the exact day to give me a hug as I cry into my cosmo and cup cakes about being an old lady.

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

I'll post an update on the success of the cupcakes. But for tonight, I'm off to my first cooking class ever. It is kitchen basics, and starting with stocks. Of course T. makes lots of jokes about how I am learning about stocks and bonds, but since I haven't ever had a cooking class I may as well start at the bottom.....with boiling water.

I wish I had more energy to write. But frankly, between the heat, the frustrating job, and being alone right now I just don't have the energy to do much. It will probably be toast and yogurt for dinner again. Sigh.........

No comments: